I have been neglecting my blog because I have been focusing on settling into our new home. All work has come to a stand still because I decided to get sick and end up with an ear infection. I have been in so much pain and have been taking vicodin every four hours to control it. I have been complaining about the pain like a baby to my husband and he has been tolerating it like a champ.
This morning I got on the internet to research if I had something more serious than the common otitis media because I was feeling way too much pain for it not to be something more serious.
After researching for a little while and as my pain medicine started to numb it, I got bored and decided to catch up on other people's blogs. The first one I looked at was Nie Nie's.
Boy do I feel like a wimp! She lives with chronic severe pain every day and she deals with it with such grace and a positive out look. She made me realize that I should be thankful that it is just an ear infection and that it could be sooooooo much worse.
Thanks again Nie Nie.
2.15.2010
Lessons from NieNie
Posted by Sommer at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope your ear feels better. Have you gone to the DR.?
Sometimes it takes a good full-blown ear infection to appreciate how our little ones have to cope when they have one. When my kids used to get an ear infection, I would feel somewhat inconvienced and maybe be too busy to give them their next dose of Tylenol before the last dose wore off - and they were usually too young to remind me! After I suffered with a severe ear infection a few years ago (and of course, whined and cryed like a baby about it), I have a better appreciation and understanding about how my kids feel when they're sick, and I try to attend to their needs more diligently - because I'm the one that they depend on to make the hurt go away.
Hope your ear is feeling better today!
Post a Comment