The Internet is sooooooooo S-L-O-W today. It must have something to do with the three COX trucks parked down the street. The slow computer has soured my anticipation to spend the day catching up on emails and reading up on my favorite blogs. I am sad that I have no pictures to blog with. When your camera takes a dive on Christmas day, your blog entries become very sparse. There are hopes of purchasing a new camera if Uncle Sam can spare a few dollers this tax season. But there are also other things on the list as well: New vaccum that actually doesn't suck, I mean one that DOES suck......our current one doesn't.....but it does. You know what I mean?
Next on the list is a cruise for our 10th Anniversary, a new iron that doesn't spew brown stuff on our clothes, a garage door opener (because what is the use of having a garage if you can't park your car in it.) A crib for Reese so we can get her out of our closet and in a room with her big brother, and also so we can use the cute Dwell crib bedding that I have been coveting for ages and finally purchased for $20 from $80. A big cabinet that locks to deture Amelia from getting into big sisters beads, markers and paint supplies (yes, you can just imagine what she has done with the paint). Hmmmm, what else is on our list, A laptop because ours busted a year ago, but it's not a priority. Oh! and enough to put in savings so that we can survive when we eventually lose our job like everyone else. It looks like our list will just have to wait.
By the way, we want a camera small enough to carry in my purse but that's not so small that it gets lost. We also want one that has really good zoom. Anyone have any suggestions?
2.11.2009
Ramblings of my mind
Posted by Sommer at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When we had a small camera, we had a Nixon Coolpix that was pretty good...and the newer models seem really neat. I also have a vacuum suggestion: get a DYSON!!! We've had ours 3 years and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! And again, the newer models are even better--should we ever need to get another one, it will no doubt be a Dyson again. Pricey, but totally worth every penny. We got ours with a tax return, so...if your return this year gives you some wiggle room...I'd think about it. It's carried by more stores now than when we got ours, so you can definately shop around for a deal. Good luck checking stuff off your wish list...it's amazing how long our lists can get huh? : )
A cruise for your 10th anniversary!! How fun...I'm TOTALLY jealous.
Thanks for the comment Zippy. I am dreaming of a dyson but we have wood laminate in every room of our house with only area rugs so I think, why would I spend so much money on a dyson when I hardly have any carpet at all? But on the other hand I don't want to waist my money on another crappy vacuum.
Tiffin, don't be jealous yet, we still have to see how much Reese's hopital bill comes out to be. That might have changed everything.
I often wonder why other people get to do cool things like go on cruises and go to Hawaii and it never works out that way for us. Every time we have some money set aside it ends up getting spent on something totally not fun like new tires and hospital bills. There are two answers to why some people get to do these things and we don't: 1) Most are double income households 0r...
2) They spend it even though they don't have it.
I've also heared good things about the Nikon Coolpix, but never owned one. And guess where our tax return is going? To pay a mortgage on a house we don't want, don't live in and don't care about. Stupid economy.
we had the Nikon cool pix too and we loved it! good luck in your spending adventures if you get to.w
Well I would say that I've enjoyed my reasonably-priced Kodak camera, but the LCD screen broke today! Granted, I probably shouldn't have sat down while it was in my back pocket, but it seems like they should be more durable than that! I know what you're saying with the money thing, we're still just feeling very grateful to have stable work in such a poor economy. On the other hand, I've heard that cruises and flights have gone way down in an effort to boost travel. Hopefully you can take advantage!
Post a Comment