So I had to put Amelia's latest trick in the record books to take out and show a future boyfriend. She came to me in the morning when we were getting ready to run some errands and told me she had toilet paper in her nose so I looked up there and sure enough there it was. I asked her why she put it up there and she said she was trying to keep the boogers in there(because she had a runny nose). So I used my
pinky nail to dig up in there and I was able to retrieve some but there was more in there. The next step was to go get the tweezers to try and get the rest. So I'm getting more and more toilet paper out of her nose and I tell her to blow into a tissue while I plug the other side to get some force to blow the rest out. Nothing will come. Now we are both getting nervous.
Amilia starts to complain that it hurt and I told her that if she
doesn't let me get it out than I will take her to the Dr. and they will tie her down to do it. I don't want to take her to the Dr. because at the time we were
inbetween insurance coverage so I knew it would be pricey. Then her nose started to bleed a little and I
couldn't see the toilet paper anymore because now her nasal tissue is all swollen from irritation. So change of plans, we're going to urgent care. We get there and by this time her eye was looking swollen and irritated underneath. They of course take us to a little room after the big room to sit there for another 30 minutes . I used this time to coach Mia into blowing as hard as she can into the tissue because if she can get it out now than I don't have to write a big check in a few minutes. She can't do it and the Dr. comes in. I hold the light and the doctor uses his niffty tweezers and he gets a whole bunch out but he says he sees a little more in there. I ask if we could have her try and blow again and nothing comes out the first time but the second time tah dah! This ordeal cost me $130. When we realized that we were'nt going to have insurance for a few months we thought that we would be okay. Too bad we couldn't see into the future to see that Amelia would stuff toilet paper up her nose! Do you know all the other things I could have spent $130 on? Kids will be kids!
4 comments:
Oh the poor little gal! ...and you too!
WOW! What a great story. Expensive now, but it will be worth its weight in gold when she starts dating though!
Hope you don't mind me dropping by! I found you through Julia and Katelyn's blogs. If you'd like an invite to mine, send me an email at raffertyhouse@msn.com
See ya!
Why do they (kids) like sticking tissue up their noses so much? I'm glad you decided to go to the doctor. Sounds like she had a lot up there. Kaia has a toilet paper thing too. I can't tell you how many times I've had to dig stuff, usually toilet paper, out of her nose. I really hate it when she puts food in her nose.
Goodness sake. Who would have known you could het so much up your nose?
Post a Comment